Season’s Greetings from your local Labour team!
This has been a very tough and difficult year for everyone. As a community we have all pulled together to support each other through this challenging time. Our community groups, businesses, and countless local volunteers have been a rock for so many vulnerable people. Providing care and support to those who have been socially isolated, or working on the frontline delivering essential services.
Here’s some of what we’ve been doing to help:
- Supported vulnerable residents with shopping, collecting prescriptions, and friendly chats at a distance.
- Delivered advice leaflets throughout the ward and handed out hundreds of free face masks to local schools, shops, businesses, and care homes.
- Worked to ensure that our boroughs children have received food during school holidays or when schools have had to close.
- Continued to work with local Police and community safety to keep our ward safe.
- We have overseen resurfacing of a number of roads and pavements in the ward.
- Worked with the Friends of Balderstone Park on providing CCTV, play equipment, gates, trees and plants towards earning our park a coveted Green Flag award.
- Planted trees, removed fly-tipping and graffiti from the newly renovated Rhodes Ravine, and helped the Broad Lane Community Woodland group in their hard work to reinvigorate the wood. Please visit these areas and get involved.
We want the best for our ward, we want everyone to love where they live. If there’s something that you need, there is a problem in your area, or you have an idea that will make our ward better then please get in touch.
I am proud to be your Labour candidate in next May’s election, and like you I take great pride in our ward. I will represent all of us to the best of my ability. As soon as we safely can, we will restart our weekly surgeries at The Strand and at Balderstone Library. I look forward to meeting you if I haven’t already.
On behalf of all of your Labour team, I wish you and your family every happiness for this festive season.
With best wishes,
Your Labour Candidate for Balderstone & Kirkholt, 6 May 2021